Five people were killed, including a 9 year old boy, and 13 other people were wounded in separate shootings from Friday to Saturday in Chicago.
In the East Side neighborhood on the Southeast Side, the 9-year-old boy was inside an SUV about 11:15 p.m. Friday in the 3500 block of East 97th Street when a gray sedan pulled up next to the SUV. Someone inside the sedan then opened fire, police said.
The 9-year-old boy was shot in the back. He was taken to Comer Children’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
A 31-year-old man, who had also been inside the SUV, was shot in the back, face and chest. He was in critical condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
No one was in custody in the attack as of early Saturday.
About 4:15 a.m. Saturday, officers responded to the 4400 block of West Monroe Street in the West Garfield Park neighborhood for a call of a person shot. Officers found a 20-year-old man on the street with a gunshot wound to the head.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police did not release additional details about the fatal shooting.
In the Brighton Park neighborhood, a 26-year-old man was fatally shot about 10:20 p.m. Friday, police said.
He was standing outside in the 4600 block of South Washtenaw Avenue when someone inside a silver SUV opened fire, striking him multiple times. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Earlier Friday, one man was killed and two others were shot at 6:05 p.m. in the first block of West Pershing Road (39th Street), in the Stateway Gardens neighborhood, police said.
A 21-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen and shoulder, a 22-year-old was shot in the back and a 19-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the head and hand, police said.
All were taken to Stroger Hospital. The 21-year-old man was later pronounced dead. The 22-year-old man was listed in serious condition. The 19-year-old’s condition had stabilized there, police said.
Minutes earlier, another fatal attack happened at 6:03 p.m. in the 4500 block of West Jackson Boulevard in the city’s West Garfield Park neighborhood.
A 20-year-old man who was shot in the chest was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he later died, police said.
Further details were not available.
In other shootings:
• Two people were shot about 4 a.m. in the South Austin neighborhood on the West Side. Someone shot two men who were in the first block of North Leclaire Avenue, police said. A 29-year-old man was shot in the head, and he was in critical condition at Mount Sinai Hospital. A 27-year-old man was shot in the stomach, and his condition was stabilized at Mount Sinai Hospital.
• In the Humboldt Park neighborhood on the West Side, a 26-year-old man was in good condition after he was shot multiple times in the right leg. He was walking in the 2800 block of West Division Street when someone inside a car shot him, police said. He then took himself to Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center.
• Just before 3 a.m., a 26-year-old man was shot in the right arm while he was driving in the 5000 block of West Washington Boulevard in the South Austin neighborhood on the West Side, police said. He took himself to West Suburban Medical Center, where he was listed in good condition.
• A 24-year-old man was shot in both legs about 2:15 a.m. while he was in the 1800 block of North Leclaire Avenue in the North Austin neighborhood, police said. He was standing by his car when someone shot him. He took himself to Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center where his condition was stabilized.
• About 12:10 a.m. Saturday, a 41-year-old man was shot multiple times while he was in an alley in the 12800 block of South Peoria Street in the West Pullman neighborhood on the Far South Side, police said. He took himself to Roseland Community Hospital, and he was later transferred in critical condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center. Police had initially reported the shooting taking place in the 800 block of West Vermont Avenue.
• In the Lithuanian Plaza neighborhood on the South Side, a 44-year-old man was shot in the back and left arm about 11 p.m. while he was standing outside in the 6900 block of South Campbell Avenue, police said. His condition was stabilized at Mount Sinai Hospital.
• Just before 10:45 p.m., two men were shot while they were getting out of a car in the 10600 block of South Green Bay Avenue on the East Side, police said. The shooter was inside a white SUV. A 54-year-old man was shot in the face, and his condition was stabilized at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. A 49-year-old man was shot in the back, and he was taken in serious condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center.
• Another shooting happened around 3:10 p.m. in the 5200 block of South Calumet Avenue, the city’s Washington Park neighborhood. The victim, 27, was shot in the buttocks and was taken to an area hospital where he was in good condition, police said.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings.
Article Org: chicagotribune.com