(NBC) Chicago police say that 14 people, including a 3-year-old boy and multiple teenagers, were killed and at least 90 others have been wounded in shootings across the city over the course of a violent and deadly weekend.
The fatal shootings of the weekend occurred as follows, according to police:
• At approximately 9:52 p.m. Friday, a group was standing outside in the 4800 block of West Gladys in the Austin neighborhood when a car pulled up and someone inside opened fire, striking three men. A 34-year-old man was shot in the neck and taken to Stroger Hospital where he was pronounced dead. A 43-year-old man was shot in the lower back and took himself to Mount Sinai Hospital in fair condition. A 34-year-old man was shot in the foot and remains in stable condition at West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park.
• At around 10:24 p.m. Friday, a 32-year-old man was shot multiple times inside his vehicle in the 4100 block of West Congress Parkway in the Garfield Park neighborhood.
He was taken to Stroger Hospital where he later died, authorities said.
• On Saturday evening, a 3-year-old was shot and killed while riding in a vehicle in the Austin neighborhood on the city’s West Side, police officials said. The shooting was reported at approximately 6:30 p.m. in the 600 block of North Central Avenue in the Austin neighborhood. A 27-year-old man told police he was driving southbound on Central Avenue when an unknown occupant inside of a blue Honda fired shots, striking him and his 3-year-old male passenger.The young child sustained a gunshot wound to the back and was taken to West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park where he was pronounced dead.
• Just over an hour later, also in Austin, a 27-year-old male was shot and killed at approximately 7:46 p.m. in the 200 block of North Central Avenue, police officials said. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the torso and was transported to West Suburban Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead. A second male victim, 32 years old, suffered a gunshot wound to the left foot and was said to be in good condition at the hospital.
• At approximately 6:58 p.m. Saturday in the 1900 block of North Western Avenue in the Logan Square neighborhood, one man was shot and killed and another was injured following an argument with a group of individuals, police said. A 23-year-old male sustained a gunshot wound to the neck and was pronounced dead on scene. The second victim, a 24-year-old man, suffered a gunshot wound to the arm and went to Saint Mary’s Hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
• Two teens were fatally shot at around 5:10 p.m. on Saturday in an alley in the 7900 block of South Luella in the South Chicago neighborhood, police said. The 17-year-old male victim sustained a gunshot wound to the back, chest and left hand, and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was pronounced. The 16-year-old male victim also died at the hospital.
• A 13-year-old girl was killed while inside a home in a shooting that left two other teens wounded in the Austin neighborhood Saturday evening, according to police. At around 8:36 p.m. in the 1000 block of North Leclaire, two male teenagers were sitting on a porch when police said one noticed a red laser pointed at him and heard multiple gunshots. The 16-year-old boy was shot in the leg and the 15-year-old boy was shot in the lower back, officials said. Both were taken to Mount Sinai in good condition. A 13-year-old girl who was inside the resident at the time was shot in the right side of her neck and taken to Stroger Hospital, where she died early Sunday, authorities said.
• In the 2600 block of West Potomac in West Town at approximately 12:04 a.m. Sunday, a group of men were in a verbal altercation with another group when someone began firing shots, police said. A 41-year-old man was shot multiple times throughout the body and pronounced dead at the scene. A 23-year-old man was shot in the left knee and hip as a 21-year-old man was shot in each leg. Both were taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition. A 34-year-old man was shot in the same scene in his legs and arms, then taken to Mount Sinai hospital where he has been released.
• At approximately 7:20 p.m. Sunday in the 6200 block of North Troy, a man was shot and killed when an unknown suspect approached him and fired shots, police stated. The victim was taken to AMITA Health Saint Francis Hospital Evanston where he was pronounced dead.
• Two teenage boys were shot, one fatally, at around 12:18 a.m. Monday, according to police. The two were walking in an alley in the 4700 block of West Superior when someone inside a vehicle, possibly a gray sedan, opened fire. A 15-year-old boy was shot in the leg, chest and abdomen and was taken to Stroger Hospital where he was pronounced dead. A 16-year-old boy was shot in the ankle and taken to Stroger Hospital in fair condition, officials said.
• At around 4:26 a.m. Monday, a 41-year-old man was on the street in the 3800 block of West Harrison when an unknown assailant shot him in the face, police said. He was taken to Stroger Hospital where he died at around 5:21 a.m., officials said. A person of interest was taken into custody for questioning after being identified as the possible offender by individuals near the scene, according to police.
• A 30-year-old man was walking in the 100 block of South Washtenaw at around 4:18 a.m. when someone in the alley opened fire. He was shot in the neck and taken to Stroger Hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to police.
• At around 6:45 a.m., a 24-year-old man was dropped off at Mount Sinai by an unknown person, according to police. He had sustained a gunshot wound to his upper right chest and was pronounced dead, officials say.
Unless otherwise noted, no one is in custody in connection with the weekend’s shootings as police continue to investigate.
Article Org: nbcchicago.com