(NBC) Three people are dead and at least nine others have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend.
The city’s first fatal shooting of the weekend was reported in the 5000 block of West Concord place at 8 p.m. Friday, police said.
A 19-year-old man was walking in an alley when he was approached by another man, who opened fire. A bullet struck the victim in the face, and he was taken to Northwestern Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
Just 30 minutes later, another fatal shooting occurred just before 8:30 p.m. in the 100 block of South Kildare, police said.
Two men were sitting in a parked vehicle when a person in a black sedan opened fire, striking both victims. A 35-year-old man was taken to Mount Sinai with gunshot wounds to his chest and neck, and he was pronounced dead.
Another 35-year-old man was shot in the hip and groin, and was listed in critical condition at the same hospital.
No suspects are in custody, and police are still investigating.
At approximately 12:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon, a 55-year-old man got into an argument with another person in the hallway of a building in the 7900 block of South Kingston, Chicago police said.
Another man went back to his apartment and got a gun before shooting the victim in the head.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, and no one is in custody.
Late Friday night, two people, including a 1-year-old boy, were sitting in a parked vehicle when shots were fired in the 200 block of West 43rd Place, according to police.
A 28-year-old man was shot in the back, and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition, police said.
The infant was taken to Comers Children’s Hospital after he suffered cuts to his face from broken glass. He is in good condition.
Here are the rest of the weekend’s shootings:
• A 28-year-old man at a residence in the 4600 block of South Drexel when two people knocked on the door at approximately 3:07 p.m., police said. One of the men then kicked the door open and opened fire, and a second offender also opened fire. The victim was shot in the chest and was taken to the University of Chicago Hospital in critical condition.
• In the 5800 block of West Berteau at approximately 10:11 p.m., a 21-year-old man was sitting in a car when he was shot in the left arm. Police say the man was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital in stable condition.
• A verbal dispute broke out in the 8700 block of South May at approximately 10:30 p.m., and one of the men involved opened fire, striking a 32-year-old man in the leg. The victim was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition.
• A 52-year-old man is in stable condition after he was shot in the right leg in the 1200 block of West 13th Street, police said. The man was transported to UIC Hospital.
• A 35-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk in the 5500 block of South State Street when another man walked up to him and opened fire. The victim was taken to UIC in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his left leg, according to police.
• In the 600 block of North Laramie at approximately 4:43 a.m., a 20-year-old man was getting into a car when a person in a dark SUV opened fire, striking him in the legs. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition, police said.
• At approximately 5:11 p.m. in the 5700 block of South Calumet, a 19-year-old man was shot in the side and was taken to Holy Cross Hospital, police said. The man was transferred to Mount Sinai, where he was listed in serious condition.
Article Org: nbcchicago.com