(dnainfo) Two people were killed and 12 people were wounded in shootings in Chicago since Thursday morning, police said.
In Brighton Park, two boys, ages 15 and 14, were shot Friday afternoon. The 15-year-old boy died, police said.
Earlier, a 46-year-old man was fatally shot in Belmont Cragin, according to police.
In nonfatal shootings:
• In Rogers Park, a man was shot early Friday morning when he tried to grab a gun from an armed robber, police said.
• At 10:45 p.m. Thursday in Austin, a man was shot while walking on a sidewalk in the 5300 block of Van Buren Street, police said.
Someone shot him in both legs from a tan sedan.
The victim was taken to an area hospital.
The incident may have been gang-related, according to a police source.
• At 9 p.m. in Pullman, an 18-year-old man was shot in his abdomen in an attempted robbery in the 1100 block of 95th Street, police said.
The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in serious condition.
• At 8:05 p.m. in North Lawndale, a 19-year-old was grazed in his left leg while getting out of a car in the 1400 block of South Komensky Avenue, police said. Someone fired several shots in his direction.
The man was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
• At 7:04 p.m. in Austin, a 19-year-old man was shot in his lower leg in the 5200 block of West Madison Street, police said.
He was taken to Loretto Hospital in good condition. Police said he didn’t give officers information about the incident.
• At 6:41 p.m., three men were wounded in a shooting in a vacant lot in Pilsen.
• At 1:06 p.m. in Roseland, a 19-year-old man was shot in his right hand while he was in the 400 block of West 103rd Street, police said. Someone shot at him from a dark-colored vehicle.
The victim was taken to Advocate Trinity Hospital in good condition.
• At 10:41 a.m. in Grand Boulevard, a 22-year-old man was shot while in the 4100 block of South Michigan Avenue, police said.
He was shot from a gray car in his face and body. The victim was taken to Stroger.
Police interviewed three persons of interest and found two weapons.
• At 9:54 a.m. in Auburn Gresham, a 16-year-old boy was shot in his foot in the 7900 block of South May Street. He may have shot himself, police said.
The boy was taken to Christ in good condition.
Aside from the Grand Boulevard shooting, no one is in custody in these incidents.
Article Org: dnainfo.com