(Chicago Tribune) Three people, including a teenage girl, were seriously injured in a shooting at a party early Saturday on the West Side, Chicago police said.
The triple attack brought the total of the city’s shooting victims to 13 wounded between Friday and Saturday mornings.
The three were shot around 4 a.m. Saturday while at a gathering in the 3900 block of West Arthington Street in the Lawndale neighborhood, police said.
An 18-year-old woman was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition with a gunshot wound to the neck.
The two others, a 37-year-old man and a male whose age was not released, were taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, also in serious condition. The 37-year-old was shot in the right side of the face, and the other male was shot in the chest and back.
Friends of one of the men waited anxiously outside Mount Sinai early Saturday. Crime scene tape was roped around a silver minivan outside the emergency room.
“That’s my van,” a friend of one of the men said, adding that his friend flagged him down for a ride after being shot. “I don’t know what happened.”
Later Saturday morning, a 27-year-old man was shot in the armpit while waiting in his vehicle in a drive-thru at a South Side fast-food restaurant, police said.
He heard shots and felt pain around 4:40 a.m. while at the restaurant in the 1400 block of West 47th Street in the Back of the Yards neighborhood. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital where his condition was stabilized.
In a double shooting late Friday, two teenagers were shot around 8:55 p.m. in the South Side’s Grand Crossing neighborhood.
The teens, a 17-year-old boy and an 18-year-old man, were walking on the sidewalk in the 7500 block of South Stony Island Avenue when someone in a dark-colored sedan fired shots at them, police said.
They were taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn. The 17-year-old was shot in the leg and was stabilized, and the 18-year-old was shot in the abdomen and was listed in serious condition.
In other shootings:
• A 19-year-old man was shot in the arm around 1:30 a.m. Saturday while attending a party in the 900 block of West 114th Street in the Far South Side’s Morgan Park neighborhood, police said. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where his condition was stabilized.
• Around 9:20 p.m. Friday, a 24-year-old man was seriously injured in a shooting in the Logan Square neighborhood on the Northwest Side. He was parking his car in the 2300 block of North Lawndale Avenue when someone fired at him from a vehicle, police said. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition with a gunshot wound to the back.
• A 38-year-old man was seriously injured in a shooting in the 4700 block of West Huron Street in the West Side’s West Garfield Park neighborhood around 9 p.m. The man was shot in the lower back and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition.
• Another male, whose age was not released, was shot in the lower right side of the body around 8:30 p.m. in the 7500 block of South Stony Island Avenue the Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side. He took himself to Jackson Park Hospital, and was not cooperating with investigators, police said.
• A 25-year-old man was shot in the buttocks about 5:45 p.m. near Madison Street and Kilbourn Avenue in the West Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side. He went in a private vehicle to Loretto Hospital, where he was listed in good condition, police said.
• A female, whose exact age was not available, suffered a gunshot wound to the hand around 3 p.m. in the 6600 block of South Claremont Avenue in the West Englewood neighborhood on the South Side. She was taken to an area hospital where she was listed in good condition, police said. Police believe the woman was shot when a gun accidentally discharged.
• Around 12:25 p.m., a 21-year-old man was shot in the 3200 block of West Evergreen Avenue in the Humboldt Park neighborhood on the West Side, police said. He was shot in the chest and right side, and was taken to Stroger Hospital, where police said his condition had stabilized. The man was walking in the area when a light-colored sedan drove by and someone inside started shooting at the man, hitting him, police said.
Article Org: chicagotribune.com