(Chicago Tribune) One person is dead and eight others were wounded in separate shootings across the city between Monday and early Tuesday, according to police.
A male, whose exact age was not released, died at Northwestern Memorial Hospital after he was shot in the head and chest, police said. He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
He was shot about 2:35 p.m. Monday while standing in the 3000 block of East 80th Street in the South Chicago neighborhood on the South Side, according to police.
He heard shots and felt pain after two people ran past him, police said.
Police estimated he was between 16 and 18 years old.
In other shootings:
• Around 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, a 27-year-old man was shot in the abdomen in the Marquette Park neighborhood on the South Side. He was walking outside in the 2800 block of West 64th Street when someone approached on foot and fired shots, police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition.
• A 22-year-old man was sitting in a vehicle in the 1700 block of West Estes Avenue in the Rogers Park neighborhood around 8:15 p.m. Monday, when an offender on foot shot him in the right forearm, shoulder and back, police said. The victim was taken to St. Francis Hospital in stable condition.
• An 18-year-old was shot in the right thigh in Lawndale, police said. About 7:15 p.m. police were called to the 3800 block of West Roosevelt Road, police said. The man was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where his condition was stabilized.
• A 69-year-old man was shot in West Garfield Park about 7 p.m., officials said. The man, who was near the intersection of North Pulaski Road and West Madison Street, a few blocks from Garfield Park, was struck in the left ankle, according to police. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition, authorities said. Area North detectives were investigating but no one was in custody, police said.
• Two men were shot in the Lawndale neighborhood just after 3 p.m., police said. The incident occurred in the 3600 block of West Douglas Boulevard when a white sedan drove by and a person inside fired shots at the two men on the sidewalk, according to police. The first man, 33, was shot multiple times across his body and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition. The second man, 31, was shot in the left leg and taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
• On the Northwest Side, a 23-year-old man was shot in the left hand and transported himself to Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center in stable condition. Police said the incident occurred just after 2 p.m. near the intersection of Cortland Street and California Avenue. Police later added the wound was possibly self-inflicted.
• Earlier, a man was shot in Humboldt Park around 12:20 p.m., according to police. Officials were called to the 900 block of North Hamlin Avenue, where police found a 23-year-old man with gunshot wounds to the leg and arm. The man was standing outside when someone approached him on foot and fired shots. He was rushed to Stroger Hospital, where his condition was stabilized, according to police.
• Another man, 28, transported himself to Stroger Hospital in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the right thigh. He told police he was shot in the 6900 block of South California Avenue about 7:30 p.m. Friday.
No one was in custody in any of the cases.
Article Org: Chicagotribune.com