(Chicago Tribune) About four blocks west of an officer-involved shooting late Thursday, a man was shot dead in a car parked on a Lawndale street early Friday morning.
In the homicide, a 30-year-old man was shot in the head and found unresponsive in a car in the 1100 block of South Troy Street just before 2:30 a.m. Friday, police said.
About 10 p.m., the officer-involved shooting sent a 16-year-old boy to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the arm, police said. The boy was shot following a chase and armed encounter with an Ogden District tactical officer who was responding to calls of shots fired in the 1100 block of South Sacramento Boulevard in the Lawndale neighborhood.
The two shootings were among eight shootings that happened across the city from Thursday morning to Friday.
Earlier, a 30-year-old woman was in critical condition after getting shot in the head while sitting in a parked vehicle on the South Side just before 11 p.m. Thursday, police said. The woman was in a car in the 6700 block of South East End Avenue in the South Shore neighborhood and went by private vehicle to Jackson Park Hospital. She was later transferred to Stroger Hospital.
In other shootings:
• Most recently, a 46-year-old man was shot multiple times in the legs in the East Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side, police said. The man was shot in the 3100 block of West Madison Street and taken to Stroger Hospital, where his condition was stabilized, police said. He was not cooperating with investigators.
• A 23-year-old man was shot in the leg during a carjacking in the Winneconna Parkway neighborhood on the South Side just after 11:20 p.m. Friday, police said. The man was sitting in a sedan with another man in the 400 block of Winneconna Parkway when two other men got out of a blue sedan armed with guns and forced the occupants out of their car. Shots were fired, and the 23-year-old was later taken to an area hospital, where his condition was stabilized, police said.
• A 21-year-old man was shot in the leg while standing on the sidewalk in the South Austin neighborhood just before 10:40 p.m., police said. He was outside in the 5200 block of West Adams Street when two men came up to him and opened fire. The 21-year-old went by private vehicle to West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Lawn, police said.
• Two men were shot on the Dan Ryan Expressway on Thursday afternoon, according to officials. The shooting happened about 2 p.m. near 71st Street, according to Illinois State Police Trooper Woodrow Montgomery. The two men, both in their 20s, drove to St. Bernard Hospital and Health Care Center, officials said. One suffered a gunshot wound to his leg, the other to his buttocks.
• Much earlier Thursday, a 17-year-old boy was shot on the West Side about 7:25 a.m. The boy was in the 3800 block of West Flournoy Street in the Lawndale neighborhood when he was grazed in the arm, police said.
Article Org: chicagotribune.com