1 Dead, 5 Wounded in Shootings on Thursday in Chicago

(Chicago Tribune) A man was fatally shot and five other people were wounded, including a 14-year-old boy, in attacks in Chicago Thursday afternoon, police said.

The fatal shooting happened shortly before 12:10 p.m., when two men were attacked in the East Chatham neighborhood, police said.

One of them, 22, was shot in the abdomen after getting into an argument with two people in the 8100 block of South Drexel Avenue, police said, citing preliminary information. He was pronounced dead.

The second man, 41, was shot in the shoulder a block away, in the 8100 block of South Ellis Avenue. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, police said.
Police said both shootings were related, but had no other details.

The latest attack happened about 6 p.m. on the South Side in the Bronzeville neighborhood in the 400 block of East Oakwood Boulevard, police said.

Police said the victim was exiting his vehicle when two people approached on foot, demanded his car, pulled out a gun and shot him. The two people then got into the victim’s car and fled the scene in an unknown direction, police said.

the victim, a 25-year-old man, suffered a wound to his upper right thigh, and was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where his condition was stabilized, police said.

About 3 p.m., a 14-year-old boy was shot in the leg and abdomen in the 700 block of South Western Avenue in Lawndale, police said. A group approached him while he was walking and fired shots before fleeing in a car.

The boy was taken in critical condition to Stroger Hospital, police said.

About 2 p.m., another double-shooting happened in the 6400 block of South King Drive in the Parkway Gardens neighborhood, police said.

A 35-year-old woman was shot in the leg, and a 26-year-old man suffered a wound to the hand. The two were standing on a corner when a dark-colored Honda pulled up and someone fired shots, police said.

The woman was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where her condition was stabilized. The man was taken to St. Bernard Hospital, where he also was stabilized.

Article Org: chicagotribune.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *